Skip to content

2014 Polaris Pro RMK

March 4, 2013

The Pro RMK 800 is the #1 selling sled in the mountains. How can Polaris make it even better?

The 2014 Polaris Pro RMK gets an improved Quickdrive system, updated piston rings, small refinements and tighter tolerance thresholds to improve reliability.

The Quickdrive belt will be 25% stronger at hot temperatures and 40% stronger at milder heat. The specifications for each pulley will also have a higher production standard to reduce failures before and after the break in period. No tensioner and no machined pulleys.

20130304-221918.jpg

Improvements to tolerances for the drive and jackshaft as well as torque specifications have changed to eliminate failures and premature shaft/bearing failures. A Service Bulletin was released to adjust torque specs last Friday for the 2013 Pro RMKs that will improve durability as well. The 2014 Polaris Pro RMK 600 and 800 will come with the driveshaft collar from the factory that was added to the 2013 models.

The 2014 Polaris Snowcheck color combinations and accessory options seem infinite with multiple options of colors and graphics for not only the hood and side panels, but factory customized colors for the windshield, ski loops and rails. The 2014 Polaris Pro RMK LE comes in 10 major colorways: Matte Stealth Black, Matte Stealth White, Gloss Orange Madness, Matte Turbo Silver, Matte Nuclear Sunset Orange, Gloss White, Gloss Black, Gloss Red, Gloss Midnight Blue or Gloss White Retro. Pick from a Mid-Matte Black Windshield or the Low Black with Handguards. A handlebar bag, Underseat bag and Burandt Lock & Ride Tunnel bag are all factory options for snowcheck. Voodoo blue (and some other) side panels are available.

Billions of colors are great for a custom look, but don’t add power and reliability. As for the 2014 mountain sleds, Polaris engineers have addressed the most important durability needs in their quest to deliver the perfect snowmobile for the mountains. Thank you Polaris!

What do you like or hate about the 2014 sleds? Comment below.20130304-231837.jpg
20130304-222020.jpg

7 Comments leave one →
  1. Chris Oliphant permalink
    March 4, 2013 10:26 pm

Hmmm… I mostly like it. I’m glad they are addressing the Quickdrive belt and reliability. This was an issue for me not buying a 2013. I currently ride a boosted four stroke that is extremely powerful reliable that I cannot give up. I’d like to see a bit more power but other than that it is the best chassis out there. Time to jump on the bandwagon and add one to the stable.

2. Ryan permalink
    March 5, 2013 3:55 pm

Where did you get the info on the quick drive changes as well as they are putting collars on the 2014 shafts?

3. Gordon Boyce. permalink
    August 23, 2013 12:19 am

All those snowcheck colours applied to the 800s only, at least in Canada! No colour choices at all for the snowchecked 600 RMK Pro 155. No mention of this major discrepancy in the fancy snowcheck brochure either. Dealer could not even tell me what colour the 600 would be! Not being able to select a colour was a huge disappointment. Boooooo Polaris for treating 600 owners 2nd class!

4. Chris permalink
    August 31, 2013 10:47 pm

I’m still not a believer of the belt system .. To me it needs a tensioner but what do I know .. I think I’ll go with an assault just because they still use the chain ..

5. Gordon C. permalink
    November 29, 2013 6:25 pm

What you folks at sledrumors.com don’t realize is the “billions of colours” combos on the snowcheck 2014 Pro RMKs are only available if you buy an 800 Pro RMK.

If you buy a snowcheck 600 Pro RMK there are no color choices and very few other options as well. You get the one color the factory gives you. Oh yeah, just another marketing ploy by the Poo guys to keep pushing the 800s.

Not all of us want or need an 800. I ordered a 2014 600 Pro RMK. The sales “order taker” at Pincher Creek, AB – John Deere couldn’t even tell me what colour the 2014 600 Pro RMK would be! The factory website flipped you to a white sled (std colour) if you tried to select a colour for a 600. A ‘retro’ look was my choice – no such luck on a 600.

Thanks Polaris for making us 600 guys second class citizens! Not! (By the way, I’ve been buying their stuff since 1979 – hence wanting a retro look. I expect better from them after so many decades of loyalty!)

6. Chris M permalink
    January 5, 2014 11:47 pm

Chassis yes! Reliability no :( Sad to say, but no matter how good the chassis I’ll chose reliabilty first.

7. Tommy boy permalink
    January 9, 2014 6:21 pm

If they truly believed in the belt drive they would offer a 3 year warranty on the belts!